Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 2 – 3 in Forgiveness

In todays reading Paul says that there is a reset, a way to go back and wipe away the past, and that Jesus makes it so that those things we regret are not a part of our identity anymore, putting off our old selfs. It is true I really am not that person anymore. Coming back to Bozeman I can see clearly I am on the person who left when I was 19. I am completely transformed and changed and am sooooo glad that I am. 

So part of that new person is learning this forgiveness thing.



W E E K   2


How to Know You've Totally Forgiven

Joseph had plenty to be bitter about; sold into slavery, falsely accused of sexual harassment, put into jail, yet he never complained about those that did this to him. 

Gen 45:1–15
Joseph TOTALLY forgave his brothers.

How to know you've totally forgive

1 You don't TELL Psalm 103:2

Micah 7:19 NLT "Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under our feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!"

2 You don't  use FEAR WORDS as a WEAPON 1 John 4:18, Romans 8:15 Perfect love expels all fear

3 You don't want them to forgive THEMSELVES Romans 8:28

4 You let them SAVE FACE

5 You don't use their SECRETS TO MANIPULATE or BLACKMAIL them. Psalm 51:4

7 You forgive them for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Gen 50:14–21 

Memorize Micah 7:19


W E E K   3

Matthew 6:9–15
Definition of Forgive = To let be or to send away

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

1 John 1:6
If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 

If I don't forgive

> Although I'm saved, I won't have FELLOWSHIP WITH THE FATHER
> Although I'm adopted intO the family of God, I won't have INTIMACY WITH CHRIST
> Although I'm justified, I won't be ANOINTED BY THE SPIRIT
> Although I go to heaven, I may loose my ETERNAL REWARD 2 John 1:18

P R O B L E M
Everybody wants to go to HAVEN but not everyone wants to have FELLOWSHIP WITH THE FATHER

When I DON'T FORGIVE
1 The Holy Spirit is GRIEVED Eph 4:30
2 I am left to MYSELF Prov 14:14
3 I am outwitted by SATAN 2 Cor 2:10–11
4 God becomes my ENEMY James 4:1–4

What kinds of hurt do you need to forgive?
As for me I need to forgive the unintentional (seems to be the easier one for me) And the INTENTIONAL. 

Memorize
1 John 1:6

C O N C L U S I O N 

I think I have come to a place for forgiveness in my heart against the one person who intentionally hurt me and rejected me with out a good reason. I know I've forgiven her as I can look at her picture without pain. I can think about her without the hole in my heart, it has been replaced with love and a desire for her to grow and change and live the life Christ has called her too. Once in a while I find myself wishing or hoping she'd come around and apologize, but mostly that is because I miss my friend, I miss the relationship we had. And though I know it will never be the same again, I am hopeful that someday we can reconcile, but if we never do then that is alright because my forgiveness lasts a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment